It is common for most of the employees to Forgot UAN Password as EPFO (epfindia.gov.in) forces them to set a complicated password which is easy to forget. You can’t check the PF balance, can’t download UAN passbook through the portal without the master password. However, you don’t have to panic as there are easy ways available to reset the UAN Password. It is just a 2-minute process, and it is just similar to that of resetting your email password. The simple process will become problematic if you have changed the registered mobile number. However, still, there is a solution available to deal with such situations.
How To Reset EPF UAN Password? (If Mobile Number Changed)
Earlier, it was one of the complicated processes to log in to UAN website without the registered mobile number. The verification OTP is sent to the registered mobile online. However, now things have changed and the process to reset the forgotten UAN password has become smoother. You only need to authenticate your identity by submitting the necessary information. You need to provide any of the following two documents to EPFO.
Every employee requires to submit their PAN while registering with EPF scheme. So, you need to go through this process of submission of documents and reset the password for your UAN account at epfindia website.
Entering UAN to Reset Password
- Visit the UAN Member Portal, and you will see the login section. From this page, you need to click on the “Forget Password Link.”
- The second step is to enter the UAN number. Here UAN number is mandatory as without UAN you won’t be able to reset the password. If you don’t remember your UAN number, then you can check it from the EPF Member ID, Aadhar or PAN. Enter the Captcha as mentioned on the page.
- Once you are done with the submission of the UAN and Captcha, you will see a few digits of your mobile number. You can easily make out if you are using that particular number or not. If you don’t have the number you won’t receive the OTP for password change. So, click on “NO” button available on the page
- Now you will be asked to provide few basic details like Name, Gender, and Date of Birth. Please ensure that all the details mentioned are exactly the same as registered with EPFO.
- Upon successful submission of the basic details, you would require to enter the Aadhaar or the PAN details. Click on the “Verify” button
- The EPFO system will start verifying your details with the registered details stored in the database. If the details match, you will be redirected to the next page.
- Now you need to enter the new mobile number and verify it with an OTP sent to the number. Enter the OTP and click “Submit.”
- Once you verify the mobile number, you will see fields to reset the password. You need to enter a new password and re-confirm it. The password you enter must be in the prescribed format.
Reset Forget UAN Password with Registered Mobile Number
This is the small process to reset the Forgot UAN Password.
- Go to a unified member portal and scroll down to the login section. Tap on the Forgot Password key.
- Enter the UAN and the Captcha as shown.
- You will see some of the digits of your mobile number. It will ask you to send OTP to the registered number. Tap on “Yes” to get the OTP.
- Enter the received OTP and click on “Verify.”
- Once the verification is done successfully, you can change the Forgot UAN Password and confirm it.
This is how you can change the UAN password with a registered mobile number.