For people wondering what EPF is, it is an organization with the full form Employees’ Provident Fund Organization. It works under the government of India as the ministry of labor and Employment. There are many services offered by the organization such as Employees’ Provident Fund Scheme, 1952 under which an establishment made by 20 or more people is considered. In this, the employee gets an amount after retirement that is an addition to his and the employer’s contribution including interests.
Employees’ deposit linked insurance Scheme 1976, is the second of the services offered by EPFO which deals with the insurance plans and pension-related schemes for those who are enrolled with the EPF. The dependent family members get paid after the death of the employee who was registered for the scheme.
The third service is Employee’s Pension Scheme, 1995 is the contribution made by the Employer and the government, and depending upon the salary of the employee he gets some amount as pension after his retirement. The pension is paid to the employer until he is alive and then goes to the spouse and the children who are 25 years and below.
Member Portal for EPF
This portal is specially made for employees who want to check their balances and account in the EPF. They can access their account passbooks by logging in, and you can then know your current balances with EPF and also transfer some amount from your account to another. The EPF account works precisely like any another bank account. You can quickly get yourself enrolled on the website by entering the required details and get registered at any time and can check your account online. You will also receive SMS from the organization on your registered mobile number in case of transactions in your passbook or if any money added to your account.
The UAN Login EPF
There are some simple steps that you can follow to get UAN login.
- Become a permanent member of the Employee Provident Fund.
- You need to fill up the entire details required for registration.
- The documents you enter should be 100% correct and since you will have to use these documents to log in to your account later. After your registration is done, you can log in selecting any document you have submitted. For example, you want to log in through your PAN card, and if you’ve also submitted it during the registration process, you select the PAN card category, enter your details and get logged in.
- Once properly registered, you will get a PIN code that will also help you log in. However, make sure the details you have submitted are correct before you get the PIN code.
- The PIN code needs to be entered to complete the registration process.
By following the steps mentioned above, you can log in to your account by giving in your mobile number, document number and document type and then you can download you passbook from the website.
By using UAN login, you get various advantages that you can use for a better banking experience. But there are some essential points that you ought to remember about the EPFO member portal.
- For a UAN login, you can get only one mobile number registered.
- You have options to use multiple ID numbers, but only one of your mobile numbers can be used with it.
- To check balances and credits, etc. you can download passbook pdf from the website but only if the employer has submitted important documents to confirm your employment.
- There is no need to create user ID and password; rather you can use your mobile number and one ID proof for UAN login.
The Prime Minister has started many other services such as UAN Portal, UAN umbrella and even a portal for International workers. The passbook pdf is always available on the website that can be easily accessed. Also, in case of any confusion or problem related to the schemes, you can contact the helpdesk and resolve the issues.