EPF (Employee’s Provident Fund) is a well-known scheme that provides enormous benefits post-retirement to salaried employees. The UAN (Universal Account Number) acts as the unique member ID that is allotted to each and every individual who is a part of this scheme. As a norm, both the employee as well as the employer is required to contribute a specific amount to reap its profit in the future. The percentage is decided upon by the government and is usually 12% of the salary being paid to the employee. For keeping track of all the funds and payments, the members have an updated EPF UAN passbook. Keep reading to know more about it.
The significance of Online EPF UAN Passbook
The contributions have to be made on a monthly basis, and an EPF account holder can go through his/her EPF account statement with the help of online facilities provided by the EPF Department. This is possible with the availability of EPF e-passbook that gives all the details regarding EPF balance as and when required. Online EPF UAN passbook can be accessed through various means and can even be downloaded for future reference since it is the reliable way to keep a record of your EPF balance.
How to avail online EPFO facilities?
There is a complete series of procedure that has to be followed in order to utilize the online services of EPF UAN passbook:
- Compulsory registration on the official website of EPFO
- Generating the EPF UAN passbook online
- Downloading the e-passbook
It is really essential to download the e-passbook for a number of reasons. With a few requirements fulfilled, one can do it in a hassle-free manner. Refer to the article below for a simple method of downloading the EPF UAN passbook.
Steps to Download e-Passbook
1. Before the beginning of downloading, type https://passbook.epfindia.gov.in/MemberPassBook/Login.jsp to reach the EPFO official website.
2. Enter your Username and password required for logging in. This password needs to be correct and if you don’t remember it, opt for resetting the password.
3. After logging in the EPFO portal for the members, a screen will appear with the option of downloading the passbook.
4. Click on DOWNLOAD and fill in the State along with the PF office.
5. Enter your respective EPF account number with the name as it is in the EPFO records.
6. Undergo the captcha test, and you will automatically receive a PIN number on the registered phone number through an SMS.
7. Enter this PIN and click GET DETAIL.
8. Now the account holder can download his/her e-passbook in the PDF version.
Crucial requirements for downloading e-Passbook
- Good internet connectivity since the entire procedure is online.
- The user must possess an activated Universal Account Number (UAN) as it is necessary for using EPFO’s online assistance.
- Keep your registered mobile number in reach while carrying out the download since it receives the PIN as well as performs a role in recovering the forgotten password.
With these prerequisites fulfilled, one can fulfill the download without any problems.
Important points to be kept in mind
Like any other formality, one has to ensure that all the necessary documents are in place. Further, there are other things that one needs to remember. Some of them have been given below:
- Registration can be successful only with a single mobile number. Users can edit that if needed.
- A single attempt can provide access to a separate EPF account only.
- Deactivated EPFaccounts will not be available.
So this is how you can download your passbook that will have a detailed record of all the transactions and payments that took place over a year.