EPF or Employee’s Provident Fund is the compulsory retirement savings scheme that is implemented by the government of India for the salaried workers across the nation. The money saved in the EPF account is invested, and it keeps on growing or compounded as per the interest rate set. Today, in the world of advanced technology, it has become easier for employees and employers to make the payment against provident fund online. You can even check the TRRN status online. So, if you are an employer who is registered with EPFO, it is essential for you to know the process for paying the EPF online. For employees, there is a provision to generate the temporary Challan of the paid EPF, and later they can download the EPF Challan to confirm the status of EPF online payment.
The Process to Pay EPF Online
The monthly PF is deducted directly from the salary of the employees, and it is the part of the employers to make their contribution to the EPF account of the employees. So, they can either make the payment offline, or they may opt for the online option to make the payment. The first step is to upload the EPF Challan and generate the TRRN. Now follow the below steps to make the payment for the EPF account
1. Visit the e-sewa unified portal page and log in using the registered ID and password. If you are not registered yet, you may generate a new user ID and password.
2. Now you need to upload the details and generate Electronic Challan Cum Return or ECR. This is also referred to as EPF Challan.
3. After uploading the Challan or details and paying the amount, a system generated TRRN will be created. This is the temporary reference number for the online payment done for EPF.
4. Download the TRRN and preserve it for further use. It is nobly valid for 15 days. So, the employers are required to make the online payment for EPF online within 15 days from the date of uploading the details.
Guide to Download EPF Challan after Online Payment
Once the online payment of the EPF account is made, you are required to print the payment of Challan and Acknowledgement. This can be done after downloading the EPF Challan. It acts as the proof of payment done for the EPF account. So, below is the step by step guide on how to download EPF Challan after Online Payment.
1. Go to the Unified Portal official website and then login with your EPFO account credentials.
2. Once you logged in to the EPF account where you can file and pay the contribution amount, at the menu find ‘Payments’ and ‘Payment [ECR].’
3. Here on this page, you will find all the recent EPF Challan forms where you can download instantly.
4. It is always recommended to have both Acknowledgement and Challan receipt file downloaded.
Get EPF Challan Receipt without Login
To download EPF Challan without logging into the portal, you must need to have the Temporary Return Reference Number (TRRN) in hand. Otherwise, you are required to follow the above procedure to get the challan of EPF after the online payment.
1. Visit epfindia.gov.in website and on the homepage find ‘TRRN Query Search.’
2. You will now be taken to a page to input the 12 digit TRRN number followed by a captcha.
3. Once you submit all the necessary information via this EPF Online portal, you will get all the details like payment status, the amount of contribution, the number of employees etc.
4. Verify the details and choose ‘Download PDF’ to get the EPF Challan instantly without signing into the unified portal website.
So, these are the steps that you need to follow to make the online payment for the EPF account and download the EPF Challan after online payment is successfully made. The process is straightforward and comfortable, and you are not required any additional software to download the challan.